Budget Traveling: How to Travel for Free
Probably the most popular methods for budget traveling would be to take advantage of free airfare. A great way to obtain your free plane tickets without tediously collecting frequent flier miles is to use the flight tickets which you have previously reserved but failed to utilize. Simply put, if you get knocked out of your flight, the company has no other choice but to give you a free ticket. Remember that you might not be the sole person in your flight wishing to obtain a free ticket. As such, it is important for you to stick to the following recommendations in order to improve your chances.
– Book your flight using the aim of getting knocked. For example, you might want to choose among the first plane tickets during the day, knowing that you’ll have the ability to jump on a later flight once you are knocked. The most important thing is that you will be able to reach your destination. This will automatically score you a free ticket and you could use these items later on.
– Always make a request for a transfer when the flight is overbooked. It might be smart to call your tour operator the evening prior to the scheduled flight just so you could properly inquire about these things. Always check with the flight attendant so you would know if the flight is overbooked the moment you arrive and let him know you’ll volunteer to be transferred to the next flight.
– Always have a back flight ticket ready for your departure and arrival. Make sure to obtain a schedule which includes all air carriers, not only the main one which you’re reserved. Being early will earn you free tickets. Make it a point to be at the airport terminal a minimum of 1 hour 30 minutes just before scheduled departure. Play the role of the first who wants to be within the sign in line. To be the first in line will make sure that you are the top list among those who will volunteer to be knocked out of their flight schedule.
– Before you decide to accept the rebooking transfer to another flight, you have to ensure that the air travel company will offer you a totally free ticket or any other significant compensation for your generosity and of course, for the inconvenience that you have suffered. Take note that individual air travel guidelines vary, so make sure that the giving of a free airline ticket is within the company’s rules and regulations.
– Some air carriers offer vouchers in $100 batches and this is usually based on the time you have to be on standby for another flight. For example, a 1 hour wait allows you to obtain a $100 voucher, two hours means you receive $200, and so forth. This amount would be a good incentive for getting knocked off your flight.
– Before accepting your free ticket or travel voucher, you better inform the flight attendant that you have to be certain about your next flight and you can no longer afford any delay. Always make certain you’re holding a confirmed reservation and boarding pass for any later flight prior to signing the agreement and accepting the free ticket. An assured or confirmed reservation for the next flight should be one of your conditions for accepting the free ticket or the voucher that will compensate for every hour of delay.